Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at changing my grips. What are some good grips to get?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I don't really know- it's probably preference. Will a regular grip ment for '7/8 bar fit on a 1 '1/8 bar?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like Renthal all smooth grips in soft compound. They are great.
AC

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yes regular grips will fit on 1 1/8s bar cause that is only at the base they are 1 1/8 they taper down at the end to fit regular grips. also if you keep a thumb throttle you can use atv grips but if you get a twist throttle you will need dirtbike grips (one grip is bigger to fit over the twist throttle)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, I'd say it's just preference, just try some, if you don't like them, oh well, their not that expensive...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oury grips are the best grips that I have come across. They prevent most vibration to the hands but aren't really good in the mud.

·
Registered
593 Posts
the new renthal all diamond pattern, no waffle are GREAT grips i like the medium, the hard is just dumb and the soft makes me feel like i have no control.....but it is a preference thing......shop around they are cheap.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used yo use oury's until I found servas.I got them at a local bike shop.
they are without a dought the best grips I've ever used.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i like the renthal all dimand medium. soft will stop the vibration but you will be replacing them like every 5 rides. hard doesnt realy help in vibration and they will last for a long time but are uncoftubale (sp). medium is just perfect imo

·
Registered
267 Posts
i like progrip, they come in diffrent colors and they have gel in them and they are soft but firm, i like them

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like Galindo grips with the open ends. They come with hard plastic end caps. The soft compound dampen vibrations and the end cap stops loose grips from coming off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just go to the store, pick up a pair of grips, slap the clerk a ten and put them on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts