Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
::Formerly Hondareconred::
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2005 GSXR 600 FI engine that has 12k with everything needed to run, pretty much next to nothing. Even got the gauge cluster/rpm tach and a power commander with it. I bought it to swap it into my kfx400. I have been part of 3 ds650 GSXR1000 swaps, but those quads are very different from the 400 and there are a lot more build threads out there for it. I was wondering if there are any build threads out there or pictures of a build. I've searched and haven't come up with much.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
all in for this one, cant wait to watch this build. so goood

·
Registered
78 Posts
Suscribed, Dont know much about the engine or even Zs yet, but I know that putting a 600cc engine where a 400cc engine was would be fun. Hope it turns out great!

·
My Mechanic is a Loser!
1,978 Posts
With enough time and money, anything is possible.

·
:::Formerly 1q23r:::
613 Posts
go big or go home

·
Registered
511 Posts
What kind of plasma cutter do you have? Are you useing compressed air or gas with it?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
isnt a 600 too big to put in there in the first place???
I did see a GSXR in a trx450r frame ,the frame had to be cut to get the engine in. i'm going to advise against this build

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
No way it'll fit without major frame modification. The real issue will be getting the chain sprockets to line up.

·
Registered
624 Posts
however we see so many videos on youtube with this swaps.
it must be doable, but kinda of expensive and hardwork
but if you have the guts to do it, go ahead

·
Registered
839 Posts
A kid locally by me put a fuel injected Yamaha R1 engine in a DVX 400. I saw it on the ice this winter, it was crazy, so I definitely think this is possible. Here are some pics of it below.

Attachments

·
::Formerly Hondareconred::
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a gsxr1000 header coming in. According to forums is a good 7-10hp increase over stock.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yeah Im really interested in this one, cant wait to see what you end up doing with the frame modification. post up them pics.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There's a biker pub ive been to a couple of times, and there a raptor with an r1 engine in it. He made that fit so why not!
Look forward to the progress reports.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The frame I just bought for the swingarm was cut up by the kid, he was gonna install a crotch rocket engine, but lost interest, all the tubes around the engine have been cut out.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts