Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my z400 a few weeks ago and getting rid of a few parts.

This is a GT Thunder rebuilt shock. I don't recall exactly what weight it was sprung for, I bought it used. It is a red Eibach spring, with numbers 176254 and 0900.225.0300 if that helps you determine the spring rate on it.

Looking to get $150 shipped.

PM is the best way to get ahold of me.

Thanks,

-Brandon

·
Registered
601 Posts
A 300 is a little softer than the 400ex rear spring. The shock is probably setup for somewhere in the 160-180 range, but some of it is personal preference depending on how the rear reacts. One shock guy told me you could go up or down 30-50lbs on the spring rate and still tune things, since no two people ride the same. I'm 175 geared up and my rear is a 250. It rides incredible in the rough and rocky stuff, but I find it a little soft on the faster terrain and catching sharp edges in the fields.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Do you have the GT thunder linkage? I'd buy that

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 300 is a little softer than the 400ex rear spring. The shock is probably setup for somewhere in the 160-180 range, but some of it is personal preference depending on how the rear reacts. One shock guy told me you could go up or down 30-50lbs on the spring rate and still tune things, since no two people ride the same. I'm 175 geared up and my rear is a 250. It rides incredible in the rough and rocky stuff, but I find it a little soft on the faster terrain and catching sharp edges in the fields.
Cool, thanks for the info! I wasn't too sure so figured I'd leave it up to someone here to help figure it out.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Wow........great price. A couple years ago that thing would have been gone at the original price. That's tempting.
I'm going give a friend of mine a heads up on this...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow........great price. A couple years ago that thing would have been gone at the original price. That's tempting.
Haha ya I was thinking the same thing. Let me know if he's interested. Open to reasonable offers as well!

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
150 is a little steep for a stock shock with gt thunder stuff. I would offer 100.

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
Thread moved to sold items..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts