Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a stock run vs. reverse meg. slip on silencer, rejetted, and no air box lid. Note: Due to the long head pipe any slip on silencer needs to be reverse meg. or you will lose a lot of top end. Also beware that removing the air box lid will make this bike run very bad unless you make drastic jet changes. I will post the proper jet changes as soon as I have more testing done to confirm the needed settings.

link http://www.gtthunder.com/index.html

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
dang, a whole 1.6 HP

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at max power yes but look at 4,500 rpm its adding 5 hp there ,,, keep in mind that they were just testing a slip on with some airbox mods

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
plus the Z doesn't have 33.3 HP stock, if that is supposed to be the Z

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesnt matter if they dyno'ed it at a 100 hp look at the ratio between the two . again it was just a slip on if your too lazy to click the link

This dyno graph has a 40mm FCR carb kit. This is a next generation FCR from the 39 and 41mm carbs. It has a lot of improvements over the older ones, including an accelerater pump that works correctly for an engine this size. It is shorter and uses a revised air box to make everything fit properly. The only other things on this dyno run are the GT full exhaust, and cams.

there's alot of info for Z400 owners sry for sharing :roll:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
thanx for the information man, all I was saying was that those graphs seem to be a little off, but if you look at any dyno graph they are always different

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Give me time I will find out. I just realized a couple days ago that the person who owns that Z lives 30min from me. Has his own track at his house. Only rides there and at National Races. I just told him about this site so maybe he will stop in.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
That bike was used at the 12 hour ATV of America race and it took 3rd in the pro class.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought that carb from him and I really like it. It IS the same carb as the CR450F,,, he wont admit it though. I asked him and he said,," well,,its similar" I got the carb and behind the throttle wheel cover is says HONDA. At any rate,,it rocks,,especially with my 470 kit and cams,head work. If you can find someone who's parting out a 450 that'd be great. Reatal on this carb from GT thunder is $550. It does come with the cable and adapter boots though,,so thats a big help.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Ct racing sell the FCR's u need for yall z's for very good prices.

www.ctracing.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts