Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the normal prices for a full gusset kit on the Z400s? LSR sells one for $300 but does not say what is included, or $600 for them to also install them, touch up some other welds, and powdercoat the frame. Is this reasonable? Also, does anyone have any experience with the LSR gussets? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, i saw the gusset kit thread down below, but it only mentioned one, so that is why I posted this.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
RIP OFF!

That is crazy!

Somebody on here bought a gusset kit for $60 I think.

But I guess if you don't have the tools to do it yourself then you are at the mercy of someone else.

A buddy and I made the gussets and welded them on. Then I had it blasted and powdercoated.

$150 total!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Lonestar is overpriced on all their stuff.... I would tell them you bought it but lost the instructions. That way you can see what their list entails and you can just go copy it for under 100 bucks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I thought that was a little pricey too. That is a good idea zhvonte, I think I might try that, at least just to see what they include.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just so you now, LSR, although expensive is not just selling a kit for the mounts above the front shocks. It is for the whole frame; areas they deemed weak on the stocker frame, which I am ASSuming are quite a few areas...... I wouldn't buy it either though, IMO. haha

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's what i figured, but that is still expensive

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can I weld on mild steel gussets with a wire feed welder?

I have a flux core, is the frame some wierd alloy or can I weld it up with homemade mild steel gussets? Shouldn't cost more than $20....

And whats in that Olds, a 455?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it's a 455.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts