Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a set of handguards. I want something with an aluminum bar as well as plastic spoilers. What set should I get, and where? Also, what special mounting kits or whatever do I need?
Thanks,
AC

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would also like to grab a set of handguards.... mainly for those cases of seldom used trails with branches and stuff in the way. (gloves can only do so much)

AC, is that bent sub-frame a custom modification or a result of an accident?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not really bent, its the grab bar is bent up from a stuck throttle, but of course with the new bikes the grab bars are part of the subframe, so it is a 300$ fix!
ac

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Holy Crap $300 for a subframe! I wish suzuki would be like yamaha and have a separate grab bar and subframe

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you wish it was separate? how do you think i feel :?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That must have been one hell of a wheelie, what gear were u in like 3rd.
Anyway for the hand guards acerbis has a bunch of different styles and mounts

L8r

Nate

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went with Acerbis. They are a combination of metal and plastic. With Renthal bars, I didn't need any special installation kits. They run about $80 and you should be able to get them just about anywhere.

Kenny
GNCC #743
Owner: Kenny Wayne Racing

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, second, but i didnt let her warm up all the way, and the throttle stuck wide open, pretty scary
ac

·
Registered
81 Posts
a bunch of people make handguards with the metal in them, and any bike shop can get them...I think the acerbis is the best looking....but if you want to get off a bit cheaper, moose makes the metal bark busters and you can get spoilers on them, and emgo makes a cheap pair, $40 bucks...that have a metal bar and the plastic already on them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Handguards

I have Acerbis rally pro handguards on mine. They have aluminum bars through the center and they make spoilers for them also. I also had to get the atv adapters so they would clear my levers. Here is a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts