Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna get some paddles for the Z and my wife's warrior and am having problems deciding. What do you think?

I keep hearing that haulers are only for straight line hill shooting and drags. However, I rode a friends quad on all the trails at sand lake oregon (he had haulers) and it did fine cornering.

Geckos...alot cheaper but will they still get me up the big big dunes like at St. Anthony ID?

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you want to throw it sideways and slide around go with a v shaped paddle like a sand skate 2. A v -shaped paddle has plenty of bite and is fun to carve around with. As far as the geckos go I hear mixed things about those and I've never used them so i couldnt tell you anything about them. Have fun and make sure you keep your revs up with the paddles on cause the z will bog down harder then a two stroke with paddles on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input DannyG :)

Maybe I should just buy two sets...straight paddles for going to the big dunes and the V shaped ones for having fun at smaller dunes :)

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I will give my .02 on gecko, as I do own them. I think for all purpose beginner tires and for the price, its worth buying. If you are strictly into racing upto the top of the hill, then you would want the haulers. Keep in mind, the haulers are much harder to manuver than the gecko, but the hauler will give you a better bite in the dirt.

A

·
0 Posts
I have read in a few places that the Gecko's spin a lot and they don't have much paddle height. Personally...I never tried them. But I have read on them a few times from people who say they have. Search this forum and the others for people's experiences. Just type Geckos in the search fields.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, did the search and found out that they have mixed reviews. It is appearing that no single paddle tire will do everything well. You have to compromise and it appears that the Gecko is a decent compromise. I'm currently buying a set of haulers for the Z and a set of Geckos for the wifes warrior. I do like to spin roosts so I may get another set of paddles and just use the haulers for the big big dunes like St. Anthony etc.
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had a set of Sand Sharks when I first got my Z, was using them on my Ex I had and they worked fine but not on the Z I could not go up anything, ended up getting some haulers and will not switch to any other paddle now, as I can get up anything I want and go were I want. They do react differantly in a slide as they will tend to slip out in a corner but it is nothing that you can not get use to and adjust to when riding.

Just my .02 worth,
DadsZ400

·
Registered
848 Posts
what size haulers do you have? and how many paddles?

im worried about getting too much paddle and not being able to get them turning real well

·
Registered
379 Posts
Geckos blow. I had a Trinity pipe with Geckos and thrshr had Sand Skate II's on his stocker and he could beat me on a hill and on the flats. I can guarantee you I am a way better rider too. Stay away fom them. The Haulers are the way to go. If you want the best of both worlds, call Fullerton Sand Sports and they can custom groove paddles to get the most out of them and make them lighter.

B

·
0 Posts
20-10-10 8paddle haulers at 2psi is what I run and I love em and I dont just climb hills all day I like to ride the trails and play every place I can. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts