Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good afternoon,
So I have a 2003 KFX 400 and I originally took the quad apart to replace a head gasket. I put it back together and had no compression. I double checked my timing and everything looked good. So I bit the bullet and bought a new piston and rings along with a jug. Reassembled and still same results. I still have valve cover off and just trying to get it to fire on starting fluid just for a second so I have the confidence to put the entire quad back together. I have spark and fuel but for some weird reason ice can still not get any compression absolutely zero so if you guys could help me figure out what’s going on with her or any suggestions that would be great thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You need to double check valve clearances. Sounds like you might have some at 0. I didnt see where you mentioned checking them.

Reactions: jetmech25

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to double check valve clearances. Sounds like you might have some at 0. I didnt see where you mentioned checking them.
I did end up checking those. Thanks for the reply. I ended up finding the problem it was a valve on the intake side that was no sealing. Thanks again for the reply greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts