Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just ordered the blue set.

i was gonna do the yellow but i was afraid it wouldnt look anything like the plastic. i figured the blue is totally different so thats what i went with. i think itll look good under the KFX hood. and now im gonna have to replace that little yellow piece between the lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all I'm a newbie to the site......I agree the tinted headlight kits, look cool. I saw two kits listed on ebay (Yellow and Smoke), I thought the price was ok, protects the factory lense from becoming broken or scratched and their die cut to fit the both headlights. I wonder if there are any additional colors offered? 8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
???

Are those things the same thing as like window tint?? cause if it is ill just get some at wal-mart cause they do look cool

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is their website, its not just window tint, its a vinyl something.

www.clear-guard.com

they have clear blue smoke and yellow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No its not window tint, that stuff would tear really easy!! The clear guard site says the kits are maded of a 17-mil thick vinyl with one side coated with a clear adhesive. They have some pic's showing the installation of a clear headlight kit on a Raptor ....looks really easy!

G

·
Clear Guard Clear/Tinted Headlight Covers

Those wanting Clear Guard headlight covers go to
http://www.clear-guard.com for info and pricing. Best bet is to call Clear Guard at 814-763-1550 and order direct. IF you order from their website itself the only shipping option there at this time is FEDEX and expensive. Call Clear Guard direct and tell them you want sent via regular mail and they will at a reduced price. They do sell on eBAY but the bidding price there will almost always be close to the price, the same or more that you would pay ordering directly from Clear Guard.
Clear guard light covers, tinted for a Z400 / KFX 400 will run you $26.95 plus a few $ postage if you order direct. Great product offering!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Have you seen these on ebay? they look pretty cool, but im sure you could buy the vinyl for a cheaper price than 25 bucks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34286

wow i like the blue too!
[/b]

I do lots with vinyl and the transparent vinyl is not usually kept in stock.
This means a whole roll needs to be ordered in order to have them made.

I'll let you know if I get a line on a shop that has some or can get it at a resonable price.

later

·
Registered
15 Posts
craZy400 .....Even if you can find the the correct vinyl, how are you going to figure out the proper adhesive, get the adhesive laminated on the vinyl, and then have the vinyl die cut for Z400 headlights. Time and material will cost ya more than $30 bucks.... just buy the kit!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
craZy400 .....Even if you can find the the correct vinyl, how are you going to figure out the proper adhesive, get the adhesive laminated on the vinyl, and then have the vinyl die cut for Z400 headlights. Time and material will cost ya more than $30 bucks.... just buy the kit![/b]
the vinyl I use has the adhesive on it. i did my graphics kit for my Z for $40.

it's not hard or expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You probably used "common" signage vinyl for your graphics, which has an adhesive backing. Thats not the same material as tinted transparent vinyl thats 17-mil thick....like the headlight kits use.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
you are correct!

this sign company can get the 17 mil stuff though

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
a small local sign shop.

i will investigate further for you.

later

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
craZy400, I wanna see these custom graphics you made, post some pics already

·
Registered
413 Posts
tinted light

Hey check out my blue tint in the members page 3 under Jason. It is a nicer shade of blue then the ones showed above :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Come on you guys. Walmart or your favorite auto parts store. The tint people are going to hate me for this one. Buy static window tint (reusable). Thats the temporary stuff. It's like $10 for 60" X 18". I've used it for about 3 months now. It stays on at 60MPH and you can take it off at night. I use the 30% light transmission. Wipe the dust off with a damp rag before applying and it looks great. I've had a number of compliments everywhere I ride and GAVE some to friends with KFX/Z's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i've got the yellow ones and love them worth the money i also have the blue ones on my rincon (members page Marcus check them out)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts