Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was a dipshit and left my quad out one night over winter and we got some snow and yeah.
So before that the quad worked fine, went out a few days after snow melted and tried to start her and she just cranked and cranked but never started...brand new battery all connections are good.....pulled the plug and no spark..also I noticed my headlights slowly dimming out as I tried to crank until they were dead.....if I turn the key off for few minutes n back on they would come on then do the same again. Also no pilot lights....then I found the wire from the battery ( - ) That plugs into the wire harness is broken I tried to resplice it but no luck! Let it sit for a few weeks went to mess with it and now wen I turn the key I get no headlights at all now....Could that be the cause of my issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
For sure I would replace that wire. But I also think your battery is down now. Get it charged up before you try to start it again. Its possible you had moisture in the spark plug hole originally, make sure the drain hole is open on the side of the head.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure I would replace that wire. But I also think your battery is down now. Get it charged up before you try to start it again. Its possible you had moisture in the spark plug hole originally, make sure the drain hole is open on the side of the head.
i replaced that wire still no power to headlights, no spark....battery still testing 14.3volts or amps watever the multimeter is testing (I’m **** wen it comes to electical) fuse is good, no frayed wires

I’m almost certain moisture got in bc when I pulled the spark plug boot I saw a little pool sitting in the hole I sopped it out with a towel n never took out the spark plug just to be safe. But how do I open the drain on the head

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also how would I test the stator.....I set my multimeter to ohms but I’m not getting a reading off the pins of the brand new stator I bought not from the one on the bike.

pss I also have video of what the bike was doing electrical wise with the headlights and my pilot lights but I don’t know how to upload it

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
I’m almost certain moisture got in bc when I pulled the spark plug boot I saw a little pool sitting in the hole I sopped it out with a towel n never took out the spark plug just to be safe. But how do I open the drain on the head
Try poking a pick or mechanics wire into the weep hole on the side of the head. Then try blowing compressed air in the hole, with the spark plug boot off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts