Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you wear helmets when you are just cruising gravel roads and not really riding? I was on my Kingquad this weekend just riding gravel roads with friends and went to stop and my brakes locked up resulting in the bike flipping on top of me, none of us had helmets on and i got 14 stitches in the back of my head. Im just glad it was the kingquad and not the z400. to much time invested in that to be totaling it out!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Dam man just glad to hear your ok!!! and good thing it wasnt the Z! I always ware a helmet not matter what im doing seen too many bad things happen to guys who didnt have them on..

·
Registered
433 Posts
ya i wear one no matter what, don't want to spill my brain across the ground and make my parents clean it up, excpt for bicycles, i know i should but i don't

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
The only thing I have to say is WEAR A HELMET! No matter if you cruise, just driving around the house, or anything else you might consider "not really riding". You got very lucky dude that it wasn't worse. The tuffest lessons in life hurt like a b!#%€!.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My thoughts surrounding helmets :D i want this sticker
Warning.JPG

·
Registered
396 Posts
My buddy just bought a helmet and on the same day crashed hard head first breaking the visor so it was bent over the face area. If it had not been for the helmet it would have been really bad. So wear a helmet.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Even though I should.. i'm guilty of not wearing a helmet when just riding around the yard or doing some stupid little riding where i don't go very far or fast..

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Even though I should.. i'm guilty of not wearing a helmet when just riding around the yard or doing some stupid little riding where i don't go very far or fast..
Please make it habbit to wear it, my friends daughter about 3 months ago was riding here Eton Viper 90 with no helmet and turned too hard going around the house and rolled it. She hit her face on dirt and cut her forearm very deep. When I heard I hauled a$$ to her house and let her have it. My emotions got the best of me and I was very upset that she didn't wear the helmet that I had bought for her when she got her quad. I held her in my arms when she was a newborn and now she is 13 and I love her to death. If you don't wear it for your self, please wear it for your loved ones:) 2 rules I have is never ride alone, and always wear a helmet, because I know how crazy I get on my machine:cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been riding dirt bikes or fourwheelers since I was about five, and I was taught from a young age to have my helmet on when my butt touches the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I have been riding dirt bikes or fourwheelers since I was about five, and I was taught from a young age to have my helmet on when my butt touches the seat.
Best advice right there.

·
Registered
573 Posts
protecting your dome is the most important thing you can do....no one touches my ride with out one...i dont care if your putting around the yard...life is to short to get killed or become a veggie over something as dumb as not taking the 2 mins it takes to strap up before you head out. its the way i was taught and the way im teaching my kids.....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Brain bucket, skid lid, whatever you want to call it, My family and I always wear one whenever and wherever we ride.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dude always were a helmet. I would like to show you some pics of the aftermath of what happens when helmets are not worn but common decency and respect for the departed's family prohibits me.

Ride safe my friends....

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
The z wouldn't have hurt as much when it landed on you!

Always wear your helmet man, you are very fortunate to have only gotten a few stitches.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh ya, I learned my lesson the hard way. I've always been a harda$$ on wearing helmets, then just what seems like the only time I didn't wear it, following my buddy around my house (cause he was having problems with his 350x) he kicked up a stick, hit me in the face and busted my chin open.. STUPID HURTS,. WEAR A HELMET!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
i always wear my helmet on motorized vehicles. Ive heard once that someone took a little ride and crashed and unfortunately died. Then Once i was bmxing and i didnt have a helmet on because i thought i didnt need one. Went off a little snow jump landed head first on pavement with a huge ass bruise, blood every where and a swollen blue leg/knee with some deeep cuts from my pedals. now i always wear my shin/knee guards whether its bmx or dirtbike/atv. you cant ever be safe enough

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I wear one everytime I get on mine, as reckless as I am, I can never be to safe. I ride my Z like a bat out of hell, I'm WOT every where. I have twin baby boys( 4 months ) so I have more than just my dumba*s to keep in mind. ALWAYS put on your lid!!!You can heal a broken bone, not a coma. I started drag racing bikes when I was 16, and had to watch one of my best friends live in a coma with part of his skull removed, untill his body finally gave up and he past away. SUCKS BAD!!! I consider my Z more dangerous than any bike I've ever raced,and I've been 180 in a 1/4 and broke 9secs. Wear a damn helmet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts