Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping there is still enough activity here to help me out. Just got myself a 09 EFI Z to replace my 06 which so far im enjoying. However, I dont know the history of either machine but the 06 has what feels like a heap more pull from bottom and I can seem to hold a gear higher through some corners - particularity above 3rd. I dont think there is too much in it but the seat of the pants feel I prefer the 06 as i can break traction easier and keep the revs high. The 06 has a slip on and KN powerlid, im guessing its been jetted well on the Mikuni as ive never had an issue with it. The 09 has a Yosh slip on but my question is do i get a fuel controller and open the lid? Is it going to make that much difference or is it just pissing money up the wall. Id be looking at a EHS controller as thats probably all i can get shipped down here. Im pretty sure im faster on the 09 just because the handling is so much better. I just want to have more snap right off the throttle.

·
Super Moderator
3,700 Posts
Not familiar with EFI at all, sorry. Are they geared the same?

·
Registered
628 Posts
no need for a controller with the mods you currently have.
you can leave the lid on the bike as well...no gains for the extra hassle you'll have with extra water mud and dust

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no need for a controller with the mods you currently have.
you can leave the lid on the bike as well...no gains for the extra hassle you'll have with extra water mud and dust
Cheers mate - you seem to know what you are talking about - any idea how i can get more low end snap on these EFI machines?

·
Registered
628 Posts
install a 13sfront sprocket, cheap and you'll get heaps of torque at the wheels
if you wanna do something engine wise, a pair of cams will boost some more power, but then you'll probably need a fuel controller, maybe....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts