Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna put my jet in and need to know if i have to take everything off to get to the carb is there a easier way. tahnks

·
Registered
970 Posts
It's pretty simple, but be careful. Those stock brass screws strip EASILY. They are really overtorqued in there. I thin it's a #2 phillips. i had to dremmel 2 out and get new allen type screws. not fun

All you have to do is remove the seat
Remove the snorkle
Take the clamps off the inner and outer carb boots
Turn the carb a little and slide it down where you can get at it on the left side of the machine

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive already stripped 2 of those cheap ass screws. dammit i dont have a dremel tool either. quess ill go down and get one of those craftsman "screw out" things. hope it works. definetly changeing the screws too.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Good luck with the Craftsman easy out. i tried that too, and it KILLEd my screw heads. Then I pulled out the dremmel and took my time grinding down the heads of the two %#^@%^$ed up screws. It took about 15 monutes and i was able to pull the bowl. Then a needle nose easily backed out the remaining shaft of the screws. I'll get the length, pitch and size of the metric allens i replaced it with off my packaging later today and post it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
just incase. Those plastic darts that hold the plastic together if you push on the tip of it from the bottom while holding the outer ring on the top, the inner "dart" will pop up about 3/16" then the whole dart assemly will lift right out. its pretty easy but some of them are a little tricky to get something in there to push on the bottom of them. it doesnt take much force at all if the right technique is used and I would imagine that many people will ruin a few of them figuring them out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
oh it looks like if you just take four darts out and unhook the plastic where the legs scratch it, and up by the gas tank that (should) be enough to get the tank off and then have easy access to the carb. The whole front end shouldnt need reomoved. I was looking at mine and had it that far apart but didnt actually pull the tank. Figured i should call to make sure my twist throtle came in before i went any farther and it hadnt showed up yet so back together it went.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I lost one of those damn little plastic darts the other day while adjusting my handlebars. It popped off in my garage and I have no idea where it went, I looked for like 20 mins. I hate when you lose something little and you know its there somewhere but just can't find it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Like I said, once you remove the snorkle and undo the two clamps on the ends of the carb it will slide right down about 6 inches. You can turn it on its' side and you're totally out from under the plastic without taking anything else off. Rotate the carb clockwise 1/4 turn and watch carefully and you ease it on down. I'ts done it 6 times and it works great. About 2 minutes and it right there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts