Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!
So I had to split de case in two and now now I am rebuilding.
There is only 2 things left to install: shifter mechanism and the clutch.

I just can't figure how to install the shifter mechanism!! I was wondering if someone has a picture of it when it's working are a little tip?

edit: I have the manual and it does not help me

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
I have one somewhere but I can't find it... I usually snap a pic on my phone before I take it apart for just that reason :lol

From the best of my memory (take this lightly) You have to put the two pawls into the center piece. The rounded edge of the pawl will be where it pivots, and the squared off edge will be what engages into the drum. There are springs and spring caps (for lack of a better word) that will go between the pawls and the center piece.

You have to pinch the pawls into the center piece, and slide it into the plate. On the center piece, I believe the arm and bushing point towards the front of the engine, and I think the plate will only fit one way...

I hope someone finds you a pic, but maybe that will help at least a little... It's one of those things where I can look at it and figure it out, but my memory is crap as far as re-calling it all.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just figured what was wrong, the lowest gear is the reverse and you need tu pull the lever...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts