Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I wanted to thank those who have their rides posted in the members gallery for the hot setup tip on the Trail Tech clamp and bars. I've been wanting to replace the stock Z400 bars and grips with something less harsh for the 80 to 100 mile rides that I go on (the stock Suzuki grips tear my hands up!!!!), and I knew there were issues with the stock key/lights with Renthal/Tag bars and their pad. So this combo really looks like a winner, and you can't beat the price (I paid $114 plus shipping from CycleBuy -- the cost of normal Pro-tapers or Fat bars which require an additional mounting kit)!

Two questions with the installation:

How do you get the 3 mini-light assemblies out of the stock plastic holder? I was able to remove the ignition, since it screws on, but I didn't want to break anything removing the lights and I haven't figured how to get them apart.

Second, did you drill the small hole in the X-Bar to mount the choke, or will it stay in place without drilling the hole (per the Trail Tech web instructions)?

Thanks again...
QuadZ -- Maryland ATVing Homepage
http://atving.freeservers.com/

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dont think that will answer his question..
:

·
Registered
773 Posts
i finally got around to putting my trailtech setup on this morning.

first for the lights.
if you push them from the bottom up, then pull just the plastic out, not the rubber. after you remove the plastic from the top, the rubber comes out the bottom.

and as far as the drilling thehole in the bar. . . i just filed down the notch for on the choke control. i am planning on replacing that whole piece with a clutch perch and a tether/kill switch (kill switch for the starter), so i didnt want to drill into the new bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts