Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have searched and seen alot of threads on removing the blob. My question is what would a total parts list be for new bars and blob removal? I.E clutch lever, killswitch and so on. Would i need longer stering stem? Clamps?

Also i see alot on A-arms like +2 +1 a arms what does this mean? Extended further on one side than the other?

Sorry for sounding so noob but thanks for any responses

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You would need 7/8 bars unless you get a new bar clamp. A tether kill switch, Something like a billet FLY dirt bike kill switch. ASV F3 levers. You dont need a longer stem. As for A Arms +2 is 2 inches wider +1 is one inch forward

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If your just trying to remove the blob, then you really only need a dirt bike style kill switch (start button), some hand tools, and wire splices (18-22 gauge IIRC).

If you want to go farther you can add a kill tether....then you would need that also. It really all depends on what you want to add and take away from them.

The first number (+2) in the a arms is how much longer (wider stance) they are over stock. The second number (+1) is how many inches forward they will position your hubs (longer stance).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would need 7/8 bars unless you get a new bar clamp. A tether kill switch, Something like a billet FLY dirt bike kill switch. ASV F3 levers. You dont need a longer stem. As for A Arms +2 is 2 inches wider +1 is one inch forward
Thanks on clearing up the a-arm question lol.
Im looking at pro taper contour bars 1 1/8 i believe. So im guessing new clamps.
Why would i need the tether killswitch and the fly killswitch? I also plan to run my reverse to the lever also does the asv f3 cover that?

Lastly, will i need a pull choke?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
When you remove the blob you need to replace the stater button. So the FLY kill acts as the starter button and the tether acts as the kill switch. OH i forgot about the pull choke you will need also

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
yup, forgot about the pull choke. you will need one of those also. the fly kill switch would be used in lieu of the dirtbike kill switch...but its like $60 i think. the other is less than $10 on ebay. the tether would be to actually cut the motor off...or you can just turn the key like i do. if you want to get new bars and they are oversized, then yes you will need new clamps also.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
When you remove the blob you need to replace the stater button. So the FLY kill acts as the starter button and the tether acts as the kill switch. OH i forgot about the pull choke you will need also
dang you! you keep beating me to the post haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No you would need a Dr. D reverse lever
Is that the only brand i can do it with? I really like asv levers
So i dont need to have a tether kill since i can just use the key to kill the engine?
So i need a pull choke
Clamps
New clutch lever
Fly kill switch
The actual bars, thats it?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yea im not sure if there is another reverse lever out there for the Z. But yea what you have listed is all you would need.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the stock reverse cable will reach to a left hand clutch/hotstart? Or is that the reason i'll need the dr.d? Sorry if im asking too much i just want to order everything once and do it right

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Lol its all good. No it wont reach i was saying you could leave it in the fender where it is stock or you can get the Dr. D and move it to the handle bars

1 - 20 of 36 Posts