Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what jet should i run with the HMF slip on, no air box lid, and K&N filter?

also should i jet it myself or have the guys at suzuki do it cause im about due for my valve adjustment. do you think it would cost much for them to do and test?.

thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
?

hey were did u order your K&N filter and HMF pipe from?? I heard on atv connecton that the slip-on (HMF) gives 5hp!!! Also was the filter and pipe easy to install?? I have a pro-circuit on my 250ex when i had it and it went on like a charm!! Also did u order the filter from Alba Racing with the adapter kit???

:twisted: Corey :twisted:

·
Registered
773 Posts
i ordered the filter form alba, 100 bucks for filter, adapter, and outerwear, and shipping. i thought it was kind of expensive but its hard to get things this early in the Z's life. :twisted:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Jetting is something that can only be done through experimentation. I wouldn't have a dealer do it cuz they'll rip u off! LRD could help you but i don't think they no the motor well enough yet but u can try. They'll need to know ur mods, elevation, weather and they might be able to help you. If ur really desperate u could try some dirtbike forums for the dr-Z400 and find people w/ the same mods.

Later

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm going with the same setup as you are. My K&N is in and the jetting is done. I went with a 152.5 for the K&N, no snorkle, no lid, and an HMF which should be here today. I got this info from a few sites including Yosh's

·
Registered
794 Posts
The only problem with that is u don't know if ur jetting is right. U should at least try going up a size on the main and make sure it skips. Also do some plug readings when ur done.

Later

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just put my HMF on tonight. No lid, snorkel lid off, and my main jet is a 140. I'm at 4500ft PERFECT!! Nice gains on low end. To loud on the street to see the mid and top end....Try a 155 at your elevation and K&N filter set up....

·
Registered
794 Posts
I just put my HMF on tonight. No lid, snorkel lid off, and my main jet is a 140. I'm at  4500ft PERFECT!! Try a 155.....Nice gains on low end. To loud on the street to see the mid and top end....[/b]
??????? You have a 140 but w/ a 155 u get more low end? I'm confused

Later

·
Registered
773 Posts
The only problem with that is u don't know if ur jetting is right.  U should at least try going up a size on the main and make sure it skips.  Also do some plug readings when ur done.  

Later[/b]

what do you mean make sure it skips?

does anyone have a part number for the 152.5 jet?

·
Registered
794 Posts
You go up a main jet size until it skips when u give it full throttle. The means ur too rich and u need to go down one size.

Later

·
Registered
773 Posts
oh now i see.

thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
You need to jet richer then me because,
You have a K&N
You are closer to sea level then me
What Zero Z400 said also....

·
Registered
773 Posts
even if i have a yosh slipon?

i read somewhere else that someone used a 140 and that was it. for a pipe and no snorkle.

also im keeping my lid and snorkle on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
what is the stock jet size? i heard it was around 130, but that seems off.

dave

·
Registered
773 Posts
i heard 130 also.

where in NJ are you moving too?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts