Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago i did a whole lot of research on chain a sprockets combo's.

What i found was that not all chains and sprockets are made equally. I look at many aftermarket company’s and they sell there own sprockets and and chains. There sprockets are just plain steal front ones and alloy rear ones which means in a round about way unless they are a different material than steal the sprockets are all about the same strength. When steal gets cold it gets hard a very breakable and the same as alloy. When they get extremely hot the get flexible and you risk the chance of bending the sprockets. Then I did a little more research and found a company called Sidewinder they offer sprockets that are made up of Titanium Alloy which is unbreakable!!!!!!!!!! Plus the sprocket are cut using laser and the teeth are cut using a special diamond cutter tool. The cool part about the Ti to actually get harder as it undergoes mechanical action. The sprocket teeth get tougher the more you ride. This is defiantly the best chain and sprockets I have ever spent my money on I will never ride with any thing else again. This is a must have part of you drive system you can get the on the web at
[www.sidewindersprockets.com]

thank you any ? contact me

DUSDZ[/url]

·
Registered
75 Posts
man this sprocket isn't what it sounds. my buddy got one a few years back when they first came out. he bent it when he was just riding around watching a harescramble. once it bent it just krinkled up. they promises him it would be the last sprocket he would buy. we called them and told them about it and they said they meant it wouldn't wear not that it was warranted.

·
Registered
604 Posts
man this sprocket isn't what it sounds. my buddy got one a few years back when they first came out. he bent it when he was just riding around watching a harescramble. once it bent it just krinkled up.  they promises him it would be the last sprocket he would buy. we called them and told them about it and they said they meant it wouldn't wear not that it was warranted.[/b]
Im guessing he wasnt running a swingarm skid? :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SIDEWINDER IS KING

I defiantly do not work for sidewinder. What I can tell you is that these sprockets and chains are worth the money. The company has treated me so well that I thought they deserver some good publicity. Their tech dept is out of this world they really know what they are talking about. The customer service was better than any one I talked to about the research I did.

Thank you

DUSDZ

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im guessing he wasnt running a swingarm skid? :?[/quote]

yeah he had a skid on. we always run skids. the procket was so thin and light that when it bent the chain just kept on bending it more. we had to tow it back. he was pissed that sprocket was expensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just have to ask! :D If it was new and your buddy had a swingarm skid in place, what bent it? Was it installed in the right direction? You stated that it was so thin, was it the correct sprocket for the quad? Was it the correct chain?

The reason that I am asking these questions is because I can't for the life of me understand how your buddy bent it! Sidewinder has been in business for quite awhile and from my view point and small knowledge of metals, I would have to believe that it was not the sprockets fault and to blame a Company like you have in written word is called liable if you have misrepresented the truth.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sidewinder is about the best you can get. Something had to be wrong.
Did they replace it? From what your saying, it bent just from being thin, he didn't hit anything?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I THINK SOMTHING WAS ALSO WRONG !

WHEN I HAD MY PLASTIC SKID PLATE ON I HIT MORE BIG ROCKS AND BIG

MUD HOLES THAN I CARE TO REMEMBER AND AFTER EVERY RIDE NO

MATTER HOW HARD I RODE THE THE CHAIN AND SPROCKET STILL LOOK

NEW. SIDEWINDER IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THEIR!!!!!!!!

DUSDZ

03 Z-400

FULL SET OF PRM SKIDS
SIDEWINDER CHAIN AND SPROCKETS

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes everything was right on the rear end. his skidplate was intact.maybe a rock or tree lim got in it. it was a very rocky race(2000 hard rock GNCC). he wasn't even racing. just riding around the track watching me. he threw the chain and noticed the sprocket was bent(my guess why the chain threw). he put the chain back on to try to limp it back and the rear sprocket just krinkled like a can. i will call him tomorrow to see if he still has it and get a photo. we called sidewinder and they said they woulnd't replace it. oh well do what you want. i know i wont buy anything from them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SIDEWINDER RULES

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FIREND DID NOT HAVE THE TWO SPROCKETS IN-LINE WITH ONE ANOTHER WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE CHAIN TO SIT FUNNY ON THE SPROCKETS AND IN THE LONG RUN WOULD DAMAGE THE SPROCKETS AND CAUSE THE CHAIN TO COME OFF THE SPROCKET

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is no way the sprocket could just break casually riding around. It probably broke when you tried forcing it on without loosening the chain. Sidewinder does'nt have a good name for nothing.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
DUDZ, Please lay off the caps lock, that is reserved for yelling. When I need a sprocket, maybe I'll check them out. Sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry abbout the cap locks

My key borad was broken and the caps lock key was stuck. So i had to get a new key board

1 - 15 of 15 Posts