Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on this site i see some many people with soo many mods i dont know what to do, i am 15 and i just bought a z the day after christmas i have rode it everyday so far, i am still paying some of it off but i also have some money not alot, so i would like to know what you think i should do with the z, i am not the greatest rider and i need some practice, i would like to do good wheelies also if any one has any tips let me know, so just tell me what will give me the most power and explain it well because i dont always understand some of the stuff.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The Z has great power so I would work on the shocks first. But, if I were you I would not do anything until I got use to it. When you get were you are useing all the quad you have, then mod it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'd say get nerfs/skidplates....then suspension, if you say you need practice then I'd work on some small stuff and some safety stuff before I'd go putting more power on a quad I'm not used to yet...so get like nerfs, maybe a bumper(for looks and more protection of the quad) and maybe even a kill switch, but that's not absolutely necessary

·
Registered
107 Posts
The firts thing to do is buy nerf bars, and after taht if you want buy and complete exhaust system with airbox mods. For the exhaust try the curtis sparks. And after that if you want to wake up your quad change your base engine gasket. Put the gasket of the drz-400 you'll increase the compresion ratio to 12.1:1 and put some racing cams. and after if you're not happy about the result you're crazy
Mike
Yellow z-400
a/c nerf bars, bumper, skid plate
Hindle slip-on pipe
Uni air filter

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
First get a aluminum swingarm skid the stockone sucks, next put a real bumper on it because the stockone is useless if you hit something. Next would be nerfs. Then performance parts like exaust.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would say Swingarm skid, full chassis skid, nerfs, a-arm skids, works shocks all around and then a CT racing pipe.
THen you will be set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts