Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys wanted to remove you blob but not sure what to do with the choke/high idle cable? I have been thinking about removing the blob. I have seen a lot of LTR guys just capping it off but, I wanted to keep the choke in case all ever need it. I thought just putting a regular pull choke on there wouldn't work well with the fuel pump being just in front of it.

So I got to looking around and I found a pull choke for a 92 Harley sportster that had a very short cable!

Your going to need to keep a few pieces of your original choke. You'll need the plunger, spring, plastic nut and the part that the cable slides into.

You then assemble your parts on to the Harley cable and then you can install it on the quad. I mounted it to an old wrench that came with the table I bought when I moved into my apartment. Glad I kept this one! I then just slipped it in behind the bolt on my fuel pump and tightened it up. Now I can remove the blob knowing that if I need the choke one day it will be there. Here's what it looks like put together.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just eliminated my cable all together. Even when it is 0 degrees outside, if fires right up without the cable. Yoshimura makes a high idle cable eliminator that a lot of LTR guys use. I've never had a reason to use it. The cable itself is actually the opposite of a choke lever. When you pull the cable it actually leans out the mixture just like a hot start button on a 450r. I took all the hardware out and used a small tap screw with a rubber o ring to block it off.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen it over -38C here. I have never tired to start the quad on days like that all usually be gone on my seld but, if there is bad snow conditions maybe all want the quad problems free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts