Suzuki Central Forum banner

HMF and info on their two types of Quiet Cores

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Anonymous 
G
#1 ·
According to an HMF rep who has contacted me via email, The Hunter Q-core reduces db levels to 91db and keeps 95% of the power gain ($35), while the regular quiet core reduces sound levels to 95db and keeps 80% of the power gain. Without the q-core (98db's). It is not recommended in anyway by HMF that the air box lid be removed. Spark arrestors are made with USFS specs, approval is in the works. Jetting is 170 for slip-ons. Different technology requires different mods. The hunter core offers, "all the power without all the noise". HMF claims they have over two years in development of the Hunter core. According to an HMF rep, These specs are not claims, they are facts that are proven through research and development.

#4 ·
I left the snorkle on. With the 2x2 hole, it is getting plenty of air. When I need to wash it, I just tape up the hole.

#6 ·
165 main, lid off, snorkel on.
spark arrestor is $20.00, looks like any other U.S.F. approved spark arrestor I have seen. If I remember right when I ordered my HMF they said that they just had not gotten it approved yet, do not really know why, that is just what they told me.

DadsZ400

#7 ·
I just talked to Kevin at HMF Engineering and he made up my mind for me on what pipe I am going with. They seem to have great customer service and actually sound like they care about each customer. I asked about going from the slip-on to the full pipe (requires just a slight mod to the slip-on), the quiet core (claims a 91db sound level), and the spark arrestor. He did confirm that it is not an approved arrestor and that it is in the process of being approved. He also said that you will not be busted for it if you are running it. He also said it was the exact same as the White Brothers S.A. Anyway, I highly recommend checking them out if you are looking for a good looking, good performing, good sounding, and inexpensive slip on for the Z, and it is backed by excellent customer service! With so many companies making good quality products anymore, customer service is the key! That is my $.02.....

www.hmfengineering.com

G
#8 ·
According to an HMF rep who has contacted me via email

According to an HMF rep who has contacted me via email, The Hunter Q-core reduces db levels to 91db and keeps 95% of the power gain ($35), while the regular quiet core reduces sound levels to 95db and keeps 80% of the power gain. Without the q-core (98db's). It is not recommended in anyway by HMF that the air box lid be removed. Spark arrestors are made with USFS specs, approval is in the works. Jetting is 170 for slip-ons. Different technology requires different mods. The hunter core offers, "all the power without all the noise". HMF claims they have over two years in development of the Hunter core. According to an HMF rep, These specs are not claims, they are facts that are proven through research and development.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.