Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched this and looked at some of the threads. They all seemed weird to me. So I bought a HMF Competition Slip on recently (the deal was to good) and HMF said the recommended jet is 170 with the lid off, K&N and snorkel removed. That seems too rich to me. Now with the snorkel and lid removed, and K&N Filter, sitting at about 760ft above sea level, does 170 sound reasonable? Some people say it does but I picked up 150,152,155,157,,160 jet sizes to start with. wondering if I should buy more? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
170 seems a little big. A slip on and filter will give you a nice boost throughout the midrange (you need an adjustable needle here) but the high end will be mostly the same due to the stock headpipe. I would try the 160 and go from there.

·
Administrator
12,445 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thank you guys for the clarification. when I contacted HMF, they said start with 170 and work up to 175. that didnt seem right to me :/.

·
Administrator
12,445 Posts
seems ike it would be a 155 DJ but smaller Mikuni.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a 150,152,155,157 and 160 mikuni jets laying around. if need be i will pick up a 165 if it happens to run lean. we will see, will keep you guys updated

·
Administrator
12,445 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same setup but with the lid on and snorkel removed. I run a 150 main and 25 pilot. a 155 or 157.5 mikuni should be what you need to be in the ballpark.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's an update for anyone who was wondering...

Ended up with 160 DJ, 3.5 turns out on the fuel screw, and 3 notches down on the DJ Needle. K&N with lid removed and snorkel still on.
Runs like a raped ape. Jetting is perfect, Spark plug is perfect color.

·
Administrator
12,445 Posts
well crap, I would have told you to get the kit but you already had the Mikuni jets.
They run well with the DJ jets and needle.
Do yourself a favor and put a 25 pilot jet in there next time you feel like messing with it. Then turn your screw in from where it is 1.5 or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahha. well I figured screw with the Mikuni jets, id just buy the DJ Kit so I get the adjustable needle and the extra jets for my next project :) . next rainy day, ill have to throe in the 25 PJ then:). Thank you and everyone for the help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a full yoshi no lid/ snorkel and run a 165 dj, 3rd clip, 3.5 turns out, and she's a beast. Never pops. I haven't checked the plug tho... Should I???

·
Administrator
12,445 Posts
I have a full yoshi no lid/ snorkel and run a 165 dj, 3rd clip, 3.5 turns out, and she's a beast. Never pops. I haven't checked the plug tho... Should I???
No, but change your pilot jet to a 25 and turn that screw in a turn or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts