Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a pipe and was wanting to know what people think about the HMF. What kinda of performance did you get out of it and what kinda of sound? Is it a loud pipe? Just wanting some opinions before I spend the money.

Thanks
Chris

G

·
I am looking into buying a pipe and was wanting to know what people think about the HMF. What kinda of performance did you get out of it and what kinda of sound? Is it a loud pipe? Just wanting some opinions before I spend the money.

Thanks
Chris[/b]
Chris, I have spent hours researching slip on's and have ordered the HMF.
Many that have the HMF like it immensely and say the sound though loud is terrific. Performance increase though not immense is there. Seems most rejet with a 165 main, don't change the pilot and leave the needle and other adjustments alone. Another feature that some like is that you can get it in various colors, quiet core and it is suppose to come with a spark arrestor. (Don't believe the spark arrestor is US Forestry Service approved) I found best price I could get was at the Quad Shop.
http://www.quadshopatv.com/intro.htm

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Thanks
Chris[/b]
Chris, I have spent hours researching slip on's and have ordered the HMF.
Many that have the HMF like it immensely and say the sound though loud is terrific. Performance increase though not immense is there. Seems most rejet with a 165 main, don't change the pilot and leave the needle and other adjustments alone. Another feature that some like is that you can get it in various colors, quiet core and it is suppose to come with a spark arrestor. (Don't believe the spark arrestor is US Forestry Service approved) I found best price I could get was at the Quad Shop.
http://www.quadshopatv.com/intro.htm[/b][/quote]
make sure you ask for the 5% discount from the quadshop, all u gotta do is say u are a bluetraxx member, but u dont have to be. just say u are. u save like 10 bucks

·
Registered
970 Posts
Its sounds killer and makes a lot of power. If you let it idle, then tap the throttle quick it makes shot gun blast sounds. Boom. Not a backfire, just a really cool single shot from the cylinder. :)

G

·
Re: HMF

How much did you pay for the HMF from quadshop?? how much was shipping??? I can't find a price on the web site. Thanks.[/b]
Depends on where you reside as to what shipping costs will be. My guess would be about $225 - $235 to you door. Just call Quad Shop and ask.

G

·
Thanks Bill! I like the plain one much better than the powdercoated ones. I would really like to hear one though---but it doesn't matter, I think I already decided to go with it cause it looks sooo sswweeeet!!![/b]
I ordered the plain onefrom the Quad Shop http://www.quadshopatv.com/intro.htm and am awaiting it now. My bike is in the garage,lid off, rejetted (165)main and silencer off waiting for delivery of the HMF.
:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts