Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i ordered an hmf slip on pipe. i am going to run it with no lid and with a k&n pro flow filter setup. i was wondering what jetting circuits it will affect and what should i change them to. thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
hey you should call them back and ask for there jet kit they have it all set up so you dont have to decide what you want and no added parts and it is like 5 bucks http://www.hmfengineering.com/jetkit.html

·
Registered
604 Posts
hey you should call them back and ask for there jet kit they have it all set up so you dont have to decide what you want and no added parts and it is like 5 buckshttp://www.hmfengineering.com/jetkit.html[/b]
i called them about the jet kit......they said their kit is "1" main jet.......5 bucks plus shipping is a rip off for a main jet.........just go to the dealer and get one.

The guy at the local shop told me to run a 155 main jet with no air lid and hmf slip on..... i also bought a 152.5 which i will be trying since barely legal said it works great on his...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill get a 155 then thanks for the help. om the hmf site it said 170 but that seems wayyyyyyyyyy to high.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How loud is the HMF slip on?? this is the pipe that I am looking to get, But I do not want a pipe that is to loud..Thanks in advance for any replies...

·
Registered
970 Posts
HMF does not know what jet to use. Someone else builds and dynos the pipe or something. I called a couple different itmes and they had no idea.

As far as loud, yeah, it's pretty loud. I'd get a disk type muffler if you are worried about some of your riding areas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the hmf is too loud....just buy the quiet core for it.[/b]
That's what I'm thinking of doing, HMF and the quiet core. HMF rep. said the slip on is 98db, with the quiet core it will keep you within 10% of the original sound level. The way I figure it, if stock is 89db, 10% is about 9db.So the HMF with the quiet core the slip on might be 98db??? How can the quiet core be quieter??? :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts