Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the one post about the Holeshot MXRs in General Discusion...Does anyone know any more info about them? Like sizes, how they rate against the other Holeshots...

G

·
Boy you're on here early! My buddy Paul Hart runs MXR's on the rear. He runs 18's for MX. I thinks his fronts are XC's. He said the MXR's wear really well.

Now he runs a 86 310R...he runs a -1 Swingarm for MX. The 86-87 R's came with a rather long swingarm. Thats why I'm gonna take away from my swingarm length....so I can get my 18's working.

Now I'm to sayint to get 18's or anything...but...if ya wanna know anything else about them...pm me....I'll hook you up with Paul's phone number. He has one of those tricked out R's all set up for MX. What are your riding conditions?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly trails, dirt, some sand, mud...Hopefully the MX track...I thought the MXRs werent going to be out until December...I was thinking about getting XCTs for when Im trail riding, but I know if Im going to be riding on an MX track I should be using 20 or 18in...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
do they not offer XCT's in 20's?? i thought they did, i have them on my 250ex, but in 22's, they work great, have a lot of bite on any type of terrain, but then again that might because cause that 250 doesn't have enought power to have a lot of wheelspin, either way...they work good on it

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They only have rear XCTs in 22...When I mean 18 or 20 inch tire, I was talking about getting the MXRs...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
too many letters, lol, get them confused to easily

·
Registered
503 Posts
This was a post from ITP that I found in another forum:

Here is a sneak peek at the most hi-tech motocross knobby tire ever ITP has ever made! The new Holeshot MXR won't be out until December, but we couldn't wait to show it off to all the ATV MX racers. The carcass is lighter and narrower than the championship winning Holeshot MX tires. We have re-designed the tread pattern with wider spaced knobs for better hook up and clean out. This will be the fastest cornering Holeshot tire ever made. When the new MXR comes out in December it will replace the existing MX and be available in 18x10-8 & 18x10-9.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
sould i buy wait and buy these of should i get the regular mxs any thoughts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
sould i buy wait and buy these of should i get the regular mxs any thoughts[/b]
depends on if you want 18's or 20's cause it says there that the new MXR will only come in 18's

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im going for 18s for mx only

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, wait for the best ones, cause MX season is over anyway, no big deal to wait

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yep mostly, maby softer or harder tread

1 - 17 of 17 Posts