Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever make any? i searched but didn't find anything, if you did please post pics and a breif run down on how you made them.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I did but never used them. I carefully made a good fitting card board template and then cut them out of 1/8th aluminum with variable speed jigsaw. I was going to use 3/4 conduit clamps to attach. In all reality, they can be found so cheap on here and e-bay, it's not worth the time and materials. I got a pro armor set here for @$20 shipped and another set of cobraATV for my buddy on ebay for @$14, both in like new shape with all the proper mounting hardware. In both cases I had that much already in conduit clamps and saw blades, and I already had the aluminum!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ill keep an eye out,my neigbor has some extra stainless steel peices that i think ill take off his hands and make the main frame skid tho

·
Registered
765 Posts
i made a arm guards and skid plates out of some diamond plate i found at the wreckers ($15) the plate was from an old truck toolbox. all i did was cut the plate about an inch more than what i needed and just bent them using a hammer with the a arm sitting inside as kind of like an anvil. worked out great, but i got new a arms and i figured out that the guards are very unnecessary and just collect mud, never seen a pro rider ever use them. i still use the skid plate though and it works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts