Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So through some side work I have the opportunity to get a fully disassembled Z400 for free. Engine is out, bike is pretty torn apart. Missing quite a bit of stuff. The stipulation is that if I want it I need to get the engine back. The engine was believed to be locked up but the mechanic who has it says that the engine is fine but he “needs the transmission” to check that as well. Aren’t the transmissions built into the engine case? I can still get the frame and what’s left for free so I think I’ll take it home and worst case sell that.

Again lots of missing stuff- battery which would probably be crap anyway, air filter, bolt through the swing arm (assuming that’s also the rear engine mount) but not a whole lot else.

Let’s hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance. I’m the event I can’t get the engine back or it’s going to cost more then I am willing to do where should I look for one besides eBay? Located in central Maryland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: I don’t have to get the engine to get the rest of the bike, but it’s kind of useless with out it.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
The transmission is inside the engine case. Maybe he took it out? Still worth getting for free without the engine. Find a used one here in the classifieds and you have a nice Z for $600-800. Keep or sell and make a grand easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts