Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much horsepower a stock 2007 z400 puts out? or how about one with a dynojet jet kit and hmf exhaust? just curious if anyone has an idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
bout 30hp stock (i think..)
maybe 35 with exhaust, intake, and jetting..

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
35 would be pushing it. Is it a full exhaust? I've seen stock anywhere from 28-32 on different dynos, so figure you'd get 1-3 depending on jetting and if it's a full exhaust. If it's just a slip-on all you're doing is making noise, no power gain.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
35 would be pushing it. Is it a full exhaust? I've seen stock anywhere from 28-32 on different dynos, so figure you'd get 1-3 depending on jetting and if it's a full exhaust. If it's just a slip-on all you're doing is making noise, no power gain.
I whooped a stock z400 I had the current setup but with a White Bros e2 slip on and a 15T front sprocket. The drag was like 50 yards too. The slip on did most the work. Even with the 15 tooth I still felt a lot of low end power due to the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I whooped a stock z400 I had the current setup but with a White Bros e2 slip on and a 15T front sprocket. The drag was like 50 yards too. The slip on did most the work. Even with the 15 tooth I still felt a lot of low end power due to the exhaust.
im sorry, but i call BS. you may have beat him, but it wasnt due to the slip on and 15 tooth sprocket. either your a better rider or ...yea your the better rider.

15 tooth is going to kill your bottom end on a stock bike. in a 50 yard dash, the same rider on either quad, the totally stock one would win. as for the slip on, you may have received a .5-1 HP if you jetted higher with it. even then youd need to open your airbox. not trying to call you out just think you may have your facts a little off.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Your exhaust can only flow as good as it's smallest component. Changing your muffler does nothing but add noise. You could put a high flow 3" gaping fart can from a honda on there, and it'd still only flow as good as your head pipe allows.

Like Hughesc99 said skill would have helped.....

Oh yeah, and your cams did ALL of the work.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Your exhaust can only flow as good as it's smallest component. Changing your muffler does nothing but add noise. You could put a high flow 3" gaping fart can from a honda on there, and it'd still only flow as good as your head pipe allows.

good call....didnt even see the cams

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

Still, my neighbor has a 400ex with everything including a .20 over bore. Mine still beats it. It all really comes down to a matter of how good you can ride and opinion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hmmm i have an 08 stock z my buddy has a modded z with yoshi exhaust knn air filter new clutch and 13th front sproket and i smoke him pass him and still keep gaining and hes been ridin his whole life i just started a couple years ago???

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Depending on what you're riding the 13t can hurt your chances of pulling ahead and staying there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts