Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have new Wiesco valves, DRZE springs,Timing chanin and DRZ gaskets, I am trying to avoid as much valve tapping /tick as I can. What specs should I use the parts are new. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Can you refresh me on your cam specs? I would still be aiming for factory myself, get as much lift as possible, while still having clearance when hot. You can only adjust so close to your target with the shims anyway.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stage 2 – The #2251-2IN and #2252-2E are designed to be used as a set. These cams will provide improved full throttle torque and horsepower at all RPM 4000 and up. Uses stock DRZ400 valve springs, if installed in LTZ400 you must install DRZ400 valve springs.

Lift (mm): 9.07 exhaust Duration (degrees at 1mm): 238 exhaust

It appears intake and exhaust are the same.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Thanks, I meant your lash specs. Anyway, I set my hotcams up to stock specs. and if it called for 10 clearance and my choice was 14 or 9, I would pick 9. Wouldn't try 8 instead of 13 though.

Reactions: JOE G

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I believe they call for .15 but I am not sure, I have not received them yet.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15MM Intake .20MM Exhaust is what is listed, Cams just came in today.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I set mine at hot cams specs and they were crazy-loud. Shimmed them tighter to stock specs and no noise, no problems. I only had to adjust them twice in 5 years of running hard.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where in the stock spec did you put it? Middle low or high end? Can I set it at stock settings during break in?

·
Registered
147 Posts
When I rebuilt my engine over the summer, I did a CP BBK and I already had the DRZe springs and went back to stock cams. My top end is a little noisy. I set the valves around the middle of recommend specs and it did quite it down some, but I just go with it thinking its just where the valves are stiffer. Runs great.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I aimed for the higher end of clearance so it would last longer, but not always possible. It’s a very small window. Anything in spec will work.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason why did you go back to stock cams?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts