Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the dyno on the Hot Cams vs the stock cams. This is my 440, p&p, carb, and pipe. You can see the noticable top-end gain and the loss of bottom. I have a race at LACR this weekend and I will get to see how it responds on the track with the cams. With the 440 kit, it has so much bottom-end I don't think it will affect it much. The final result is 47.3hp up from 45hp with a 7hp increase at top. It carries straight to the rev-limiter without much drop off. The lack of a decompression release was not an issue even with my high compression. I hate to go any taller of a grind in fear of losing more bottom. Only testing will show. I also added a few pics of some jumping at Glamis this weekend. These were some of the better ones- note to self: hire new photographer. Thanks anyways Smitty.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I did lose a little of my holeshot jump, but it handled real well on the rest of the track. I talked to Harry and he said we would put it on the dyno and try to get some bottom-end back by retarding the cams a little. That is one nice thing about the Hot Cams - they are adjustable. If I can find the happy medium between holeshots and track power I will be happy. I can say that they took me to the overall win.

A

·
0 Posts
Way to go WP! We're all rootin' for ya man. Gratz on the mag thing too.

Jamey

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I think its so you can turn the motor over more easily. Its very useful on pull start quads, it makes pull starting a 500cc motor very easy. I imagine if the Z had a kick start it would be used for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, I get it -- WP was saying the fact that he didn't have one (electric-start engine) wasn't a problem, even though he has increased his compression. (And well it shouldn't, because 4-cylinder street bikes with lots of compression don't need them either.) I thought he was saying the new cams didn't come with a compression release function. Silly me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock cams do have a decompression release and I originally thought that the lack of this would create a starting problem. It is designed to release pressure off of the exhaust side to turn the motor over easier. It is located on the exhaust cam. Some bikes like the YZF426's have a manual set-up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here we go boys. I was at Trinity last night and Harry helped me degree the intake cam. With about 5 degrees advanced, it went up to 48hp and gained more torque. I posted the dyno for this and just for fun I had Harry run a dyno sheet comparing the stock motor to where it is now. At the top end it is creating yes, 30 more hp than stock. I now have more torque than the motor had hp stock. Trinity Racing has the magic touch.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hey bro,you wouldnt happen to know if anyone has dyno tests compairing pipes.also what type of jetting kit did you use,and were can i get a hold of info on the cams.
im a big guy so i need all the HP i can get.
Viper

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
At the top end it is creating yes, 30 more hp than stock.[/b]
30 more HP? if you now have 48 and stock is around 30, then didn't you only gain 18? what am i missing here?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is real easy - look at the end of the graph at the top end and there is a 30 hp increase. I said top end and not peak hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts