Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some hotcams recently and the guy said the numbers were 47 and 48. can someone tell me what stage and school these are?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Stage 1
I only say this because i have never seen any stage higher than 1 for the Z

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Stage 1 is one cam, stage 2 is both cams. There's only one new style grind.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooh ok. So when you get both ex and in its considered stage 2?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
They are definitely new style stage1 hot cams. You can tell because of the auto decompression.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Did you get them? Good price.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i bought them. the price really was good. the guy wanted 200 plus 10 for shipping but i offered 165 and 10 for shipping because i couldnt change the shipping charges

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Nice, you'll love them, they really wake it up.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea im sure they will. Id rather have the stage 2's though for the dunes for bottom end. If im not mistaken the 2's do give more bottom end right? Also now all i need is a dynatek np kw valves, drze valve springs, and a few other goodies and ill be set

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice, you'll love them, they really wake it up.
NSHC will wake it up? I'm just wondering, since OS are hard to find. Debating between NS or another brand.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be able to tell you in a couple weeks when they are installed lol. But i heard megacycle's are amazing but mostly for drag

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Yea im sure they will. Id rather have the stage 2's though for the dunes for bottom end. If im not mistaken the 2's do give more bottom end right? Also now all i need is a dynatek np kw valves, drze valve springs, and a few other goodies and ill be set
There is only one stage for the z400! Stage 1 and 2 just means (for the z) that you either have 1 or 2 of them.

NSHC will wake it up? I'm just wondering, since OS are hard to find. Debating between NS or another brand.
NSHC's woke mine up pretty good, that along w/ the drze gasket and the carb really made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AHHH!! I totally forgot about that. But i do remember hotcam making stage 2's and stage 1's at one point and the stage 2's being like $10 cheaper

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
There are "old style hotcams" and "new style hotcams" that's it.
Make sure that when you install them everything looks right for timing. I bought a used set from a member here and the intake cam was way off. I cought it because it didn't make sense the way things were lining up. I sent it to Hotcams and they degreed and re-marked them for me.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
There are "old style hotcams" and "new style hotcams" that's it.
Make sure that when you install them everything looks right for timing. I bought a used set from a member here and the intake cam was way off. I cought it because it didn't make sense the way things were lining up. I sent it to Hotcams and they degreed and re-marked them for me.
what did they charge you ?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
There is only stage 1 in the new style. The old style were stage 1 when only one was used and stage 2 when both were installed.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Biggie's right, stage 1(intake cam only) will give you better bottom end punch.
Stage 2(both int and ex cam) will give you mid range punch. I have the old style hot cams and I noticed way better mid hit and better acceleration to the top but I lost a little bit of bottom. But my pro com cdi and bbk gave it all back and then some.:cool:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts