Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally scored on a set of oshc's. With my setup the nshc's are better than stock but still not what I was looking for. I've read most posts that involve hotcams on this forum and haven't seen this discussed. I want bottom to mid torque. Should I: 1. use the oshc intake with a stock exhaust? 2. use the oshc intake with a nshc exhaust? or 3. use the oshc intake and exhaust? Thanks

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Oshc stage 1 is intake only for bottom to mid. Add the oshc exaust and loose some bottom and gain top. The oshc intake is more aggressive than the new, as for the nshc exaust I don't know, but it has the decomp. On it. I would guess the smaller exaust cam is going to give a better bottom end.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
use both oshc, it will have plenty of low end with GREAT mid and top end.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, with all this being said. I will be degreeing in these oshc's. Any sugestions as to where to start? How much advance or retard per cam?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I don't think you need to degree them unless they came out of a stroker. If so I think you can have hotcams set them back to original. I would not recommend doing it yourself if you never did it before.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Hotcams will do it for free if you send them in. Call first and let them know.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
They both belong at 107 deg lcl if you want more low end you could advance the intake a couple degrees, but the really run good where they belong.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
They both belong at 107 deg lcl if you want more low end you could advance the intake a couple degrees, but the really run good where they belong.
i played with moving them around a little, but always ended up back at the 107 on both, i really liked the power curve at that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts