Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried this setup? I called Elka and they said this is what they offered for those a-arms. The elkas cost 1200.00. Anybody know what the Houser +3 long-travel A-Arms cost?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
379 Posts
$800 from Trinity.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
The very exact front suspension you mentioned is exactly what I am in the market for.... Right now, at the moment, C&D racing out of nebraska seems to have the best prices so far.... Do keep in mind, the long travel houser a-arms requires a new steering stem (another 200 some bucks) to clear the tie rods.

In regards to long travel, I am having second thoughts. I was told the only noticable gain will be seen in high-speed baja type racing. The difference on mx track will be minute. The Elka long travel are QRS, which means its non-adjustable, whereas the standard travel Elka shocks TRS is adjustable. I feel I will do better and be happier being able to make the needed adjustment for different track or environment I will be riding.....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
the long travel is just to have lots of suspension travel and good ground clearence. I will be doing mx and i am getting bougard +2 a arms and elka triple rate with ressies, comp and reb adjustible and ssd i this will be fine for me for mx

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
adam, yeah I think that is gonna be more than enough.... Even that one kid who was in one of the quad magazine racing a 500cc z400 in gncc who got first place only had regular elka shocks and not long travel....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
you mean the Z500 by fst, i think thats long travel supension and long travel houser a arms

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
nope it houser i got the mag right in front of me maby the guy has connections

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
This is interesting cuz WP was supposely the first one to get the long travel houser a-arms, sooo I dunno.....

the long travel setup is an extra 600 bucks roughly including new steering stem, so I dunno, gonna have to do some thinkin

·
Registered
379 Posts
Those were +1 long travel and the were one of the first sets. Houser did a redesign and now offer chrome on the lowers, which I was the first to receive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts