Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not working, and I have to wait for parts, but want to ride over the holiday. So what do I snip and solder? I have not ordered parts yet, how do I tell if it's the top thingy or the bottom thingy? Two parts screwed into the radiator, on the rt hand side, beside the fuse. (06 Z400)

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
The fan switch is the lower one on the radiator. The Plug that connects to it has 2 wires. Jump those together and then turn the key on. If the fan turns on, the circuit is good. If it does not, you have other problems. Fuse, Fan motor, or wiring. If it turns on, tape up the jumper so it does not short out and give it a run.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (dtfm33 @ Dec 24 2009, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766258
The fan switch is the lower one on the radiator. The Plug that connects to it has 2 wires. Jump those together and then turn the key on. If the fan turns on, the circuit is good. If it does not, you have other problems. Fuse, Fan motor, or wiring. If it turns on, tape up the jumper so it does not short out and give it a run.[/b]
Awesome! It works perfectly. Actually, it seems really powerful. Maybe I just never noticed. Now, how do I tell if the switch is bad, or the temp sensor?

I'm guessing that the top one is a temp sensor to tell the switch to turn on?? It looks like a sensor.

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
The lower switch turns the fan on and off! The upper send a signal to the CDI and Temp Light. I replaced my temp sending switch (Lower one) with one of the Ebay ones. They claim to give more HP which is BS. I bought it because it was cheaper than the OEM replacement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks! Do you still have the ebay link? I have searched every combo that I could think of, and come up with only 2 used parts. Suzuki wants either $38 or $68, I can't remember which one...way too much.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is a really old post but I'm going to post anyways. I jumped the switch and my fan came on. I don't notice it ever coming on lately even while idling. What part should I replace?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I jumped the wires and the fan did come on.
I thought it was broken bc it hasn’t come on in a long time even when idling.
Do you think the sending switch might be bad?

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
If the fan works with the wires jumped, the only component that can cause issue is the temp switch in the radiator, or a thermostat that is gutted, missing, or not closing, which is rare. When I'm trying to test a fan switch I let it idle, and occasionally monitor the head temp with a thermal gun. I think spec for the fan switch is 220 F If I see anything more than a few degrees hotter than that, and the fan hasn't come on, then I replace the fan switch. If more than a few minutes goes by and it's not getting up to temp, then there may be an issue with the thermostat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts