Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want so make my Z sit a little lower, and sit a little wider. I can't spend much money so I need help. Any suggestions? It's at stock settings.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
to be totally honest with you, the only way to do it RIGHT and actually IMPROVE the handling of your quad is to get a-arms and shocks.

some people flip the rims, which makes it wider but puts a great amount of strain on the front spindle, bearings, joints, etc. also it transmits much more energy from the bumps and ruts giving you horrible jarring at the handle bars (causes arm pump).

as you probably know, a nice long travel setup is ideal. not all of us can afford that, and i would bet most people on this forum cannot afford to get into a set of standard travel arms with shocks.

its really the only way, and its something to work hard and save up for. if i could do it all over again it the first mod i would spend my money on, even before exhaust and air filter.

for the rear you can find axles cheap, or use the dreaded spacers but i wouldnt be airing the quad out with spacers.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
also i should mention a lot of people swap out stock shocks for yfz, 450r, or ltr shocks. it might help hold you over until you are ready to jump into the a-arms.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Save up and buy a good set of a-arms, don't go cheap. Shocks are key when you widen it, you're going to want a good set.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
For the rear, the G-Force extended hubs are a great product for the price.
For the front you really want to get extended arms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts