Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Raptor and if the plastic bent it would turn white. How does the KFX plastic work?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depends on how it bends.......a buddy rolled his KFX a couple of times, and you can see where the rear fenders bent. It turned it a lighter shade of green.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. I had both colors of 400ex's and bent the plastic hard without any spots. You still can't beat the green color, though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you do bend the plastic and get the white discoloration...I have never tried it, but some guys have told me to heat up the plastic with a torch and do some bending and it will turn it back....but like I said, i have never tried it...but if it works, its sweet

·
Registered
439 Posts
Keep mud off the rear fenders too. I had to have Kawi replace my rear fenders under warranty b/c the bars holding the rear fenders bent and broke which caused the bar holder on the underside of the fenders to break off. I had them replaced but they're starting to do it again. Might be trading it to end the whole ordeal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Psychosis Keep mud off the rear fenders too.[/b]
hes right, after the ice storm we had there was alot of mud and ice caked under my fenders. now i have stress markes on them, they are kindof a light green white. i decided to cover tehm with a sticker or somthing dont wanna mess anything up with a flame thrower :twisted: .

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
i dont like my plastic fenders, they do not stay connected....

I am going fullbore plastic as soon as I get some money in hand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i had thos light gereen stuff on my rear fenders but i bent it up a couple of times and i think its gone 8O but the mud thing is just werid

·
Registered
110 Posts
the heat gun method seems to work... i tried it today. i'm going to try and get more of the white out though.....i'm just scared of melting the plastic

A

·
0 Posts
the heat gun method seems to work... i tried it today. i'm going to try and get more of the white out though.....i'm just scared of melting the plastic[/b]
Heat gun works pretty good for minor stuff BUT be careful cause you can do heat damage like melt, burn off shiney finish, etc.. Heat gun also works great after you cut fenders to blend in, soften the cut edges. Just don't over do it with the heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts