Registered
51 Posts
bench-max 265, reg work out 215-245

squat- max 415, reg work out anywhere from 315-380

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well...right now Im down to about 350.

Febuary during weight training class I pressed 410 setting a school record that will never be broken...the previous record was like 335 and I destroyed it...I also Have the incline press at 315.

During workouts on flat bench my best set to date was 325 6 times...340 4 times....and 350 2 times.

I would have upped all these maxes at the pace I was on by about 50 pounds by the end of my senior year until I blew out my left pectoral and havent been able to bench until just about 2-3 weeks ago.

Right now I can do 300 about 5 times so that equates to around 350...but im not gonna max because I could very easily blow it out again.
Oh yeah...im 17 and weigh 220.

If any of you guys want some tips on lifting/ increasing your max, I can help ya out.
The best supplement hands down is cell-tech creatine....I took it for about 6 months my sophmore year and it got me to 300 from 230.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear if you stop taking creatine than you can down to worse than you originally were. i saw a good site on the net about how to increase your max, but i can't find it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not true. I havent taken it since my sophmore year and I got up over 400.
It is true for the first week or so when you get off of it you will feel weaker but like 50 percent of it is mental. I was surprised when I got off of it I jumped up...not go down.You will not lose your muscle if you get off of it...that is impossible, unless you quit lifting. Although they may appear smaller because creatine helps your muscles retain water and makes them appear larger. But what you lose...if any...would just be water.

Anyway If you wanna bench a lot...take cell-tech, Bench once every two days (you need 48 hour rest for each muscle group), and continue to change the weight and number of sets and reps so your muscles dont become familiarized with the workout and quit growing. Dont slack off...if you continue to skip workouts you will never get the results you want.

This is my routine

Day 1
-Bench press
-Incline press and dumbell bench (if im at gym...dont have incline or heavy enough dumbells at home)
-Military press

Day 2
-Biceps
-forearms

Day 3
-Triceps
-Legs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm only 5' 8'' and 125 lbs and usually just work my biceps with 25lbs dumbells. i usually go 35-45 minutes doing 10 reps for each arm every other day. i have been using them for about 2 1/2 monthes but they still feel heavy enough after about 5 sets for each arm. i heard that you should only do three sets of ten reps, and that you should concentrate on one area each day. i also heard you should workout from 45-1 1/2 hours, i don't see how you could make 3 sets of ten reps last 45 minutes. i guess listening to different books isn't a good idea. taking creatine sounds tempting, but i am afraid of the affects. steriods make your nuts shrink and can give you w00ter w00ter(your pecks look like female breasts). my friend takes GH to help him grow and that stuff really made him get buff. Is it legal for me to buy creatine(i'm 15)? are there any downsides to creatine? i'm seeing a little bit more muscle but not much. i am skinny so i hear it is a little harder to get big arms. one positive side of being skinny is the sit ups are really starting to work for the abs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Their is no set number of reps or any kind of time limit for weight lifting, its whatever the purpose you are lifting for...then you adapt your workout for that purpose.

Whats your goal in lifting? why are you lifting?
To get defined...high reps lower weight
To get strength and bulk....lower reps high weight.

Why dont you get a 35 pound dumbell and do sets of 6 or 7...see what im saying. Your muscles will never find any need to get any stronger than the weight you are using on them...25 pounds...start using some 35's and your biceps will adapt.

You can buy creatine...I highly recommend cell-tech. Some side effects are increased amount of times taking a w00ter....only the tropical punch is stomachable....and their have also been various reports of some harmful side effects but nothing frequent or bad enough to worry about. And these were from people taking it for years and years. I am sure that taking it for 6 months to a year...will not have any harmful side effects.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice, i'll try that. how much is creatine?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and their have also been various reports of some harmful side effects but nothing frequent or bad enough to worry about. And these were from people taking it for years and years. .[/b]
also would it show up on a test and what types of harmful side effects are you talking about?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am sure it could show up if anyone checked for it or was illegal. but its not so it wont matter if it showed up for some reason or not...so when you w00ter at the doctor for your next physical they will have no idea...creatine is already a natural part of your body that helps with muscle growth and strength or something...take excessive amounts and bingo.

Well I have heard it is hard on the kidneys and liver or some crap....I got some higher blood pressure from it and it has been reported...also possibility of easier tearing of muscles. This is all very unlikely and very minor...especially if you take it for a year or less so dont even worry about it.

Their are like 2 or 3 different sizes and I would buy the biggest one. The last time I checked the biggest jug was like 60 or 70 bucks...and it doesnt last long. Rather expensive. You can get the regular brand plain creatine for quite a bit less...but only half as good of results. Go to GNC and check it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My max bench is 210lbs.

Z400man did you notice a difference right away with cell tech because i'm thinking of starting it next week. I just wanted to know how long it takes before I will start to notice it. Just so you know i'm not one of those people who try things for a week or two and get mad if I don't get big..haha, gotta love those people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You will probably have to go through about 2 full size jugs with working out pretty steadily. I would guess this would be about 1-2 months.
You will notice a gain in strength and endurance in only about 2 weeks.
The main idea with creatine is that you can workout harder and longer. So dont get it and workout less thinking it will help you anyway. Work out as hard and as long as the extra strength and endurance you get from it allows...thats the whole idea.

I sound like a damn salesperson for this product...lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL...well thanks for the info anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts