Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is it for a good set of cams for the Z? Just wondering because I saw somewhere that the were like 400+ dollars :( Is that right? Because that sounds a little high.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
at rockymountainatv I saw some for $150.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
depending on where you buy them, i have been seeing them from 149.00 to 165.00...400 sounds like a full kit price with cams included to me.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
ones at rockymountainatv were $150 and said something about sending the core in and getting $150 back, this mean if you send them your stock cam they'll send you the $150 back?

·
Registered
109 Posts
the core thing means that if the cam has a 150 core, u add that to the price and then when you send in the stock cam (core) you'll get that 150 back.. just like auto parts stores...

·
Registered
127 Posts
How hard are they to install.. What do you have to buy to support cams? Sorry I'm relatively new to cams..

·
Registered
715 Posts
ones at rockymountainatv were $150 and said something about sending the core in and getting $150 back, this mean if you send them your stock cam they'll send you the $150 back?[/b]
Not sure, but I think thats 150.00 each. tahts 300.00 for the pair.
Although, they say for mildly modded motors, just changing the intake cam is fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cams add a lot of kick

Local dealer here installed both the intake and exhaust cams and they took it out for a spin, and said it was ausome. It added a lot of low end and made the engine very responsive. I was also told you dont' have to do them both, but if your considering it, do the intake.

Kevhead
Zoom400

·
Registered
320 Posts
if youre gonna rip it apart, do it once. get both cams, hell while youre in there go to a drz400e base and head gasket. this is my plan.
ac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts