Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..on your first oil change?????

I warmed up the bike, pulled both plugs and let it drain for about an hour as I ran some errands. Then I replaced the filter and put the plugs back in.

I then added two quarts and started the machine for about thirty seconds to let it circulate. I checked the level and it needed more. I added a little bit more and kept rechecking. After it was all said and done, I added 2.5 quarts total. I was wondering if this was normal since the manual said 2.2 quarts....

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I ended up having to put in about 2 1/2 quarts, too. I didn't let mine drain as long as you did, either, so you're most likely alright with 2 1/2.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kentucky.....I appreciate it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been puttin 2.5 in mine, but the other day I checked the oil 5 minutes after a ride, and oil overflowed from the tank, Hence I decided not to check it any farther. Anyone else find that?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Bumble, manual states that if you wanna check your oil level, run bike for three minutes, shut off, let sit for three minutes, then check. 8)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oh yeah, 2.5 here too.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Read the side of the oil tank guys. 2000cc

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just changed mine for the first time. Ended up putting like 2.8 in it. Will that cause any problems. And what’s the best way to get to that oil tank. I was using a funnel but it was still hard.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I always put in 2.2. Never more. AFter this and starting it up and running it the mark is always right on the line. 2.5 is probably a little much, but most will get away with it. 2.8 is pushing it, risking blowing up that little plastic oil tank. The oil expands when it heats up.

It doesn't have to be perfect, but in this case on this machine, less is better than more.

·
Registered
315 Posts
2.2 is never enough after I run it then check it its still a little low I perfer 2.5. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
169 Posts
I find it to be funny that my dealer found it to be neccesary (sp?) to use 3 quarts, i drained it tonight and thats what i came up with!! :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts