Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just check the oil level and color and when it gets dark I change it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
According to the manual: after the 1st month, then 6months...I just check my oil level, and add oil as i need it, I changed it and the filter after the first month...Ill probably change it this fall or winter so in about 6months ill do it again...i guess its just basicly personal preference...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wondering because you hear people saying you need to change your oil after every second run. They run highly modified motors, so I thought maybe we should change the oil every 10 runs or so. But it turns out to be the same as any other factory quad I have owned.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's only $2 for the 2.1 quarts of oil, so I'll be doing it every 20 hours or less. (guesstimating)

·
Registered
660 Posts
do it every 20 hours and replace the filter EVERYTIME you change the oil. what's the use of changing the filter if the contaminants are in the filter? pay a little now than alot later.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I agree with thrshr, thats what I do on all my quads. No problems to date. U cant do it to much is how I see it

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's only $2 for the 2.1 quarts of oil, so I'll be doing it every 20 hours or less. (guesstimating)[/b]
$2 for 2.1 quarts of oil? What kind of oil are you buying? Or your sure getting a good deal. I think I've been paying about $3.50 a quart.

Sigh!!!!!!!!

Kevhead
Zoom400

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
$2 for 2.1 quarts of oil? What kind of oil are you buying? Or your sure getting a good deal. I think I've been paying about $3.50 a quart.[/b]
Mobil 10W-40 was on sale for 99 cents a quart. I don't buy into that "special atv oil" crap.

FYI: The auto industry stopped using 10W-40 in automobiles because the additives to make it the "40" weight break down too quickly. Point being that frequent oil changes are necessary with 40 weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts