Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wass up guys i have a 03 kfx 400 that i just got and i dont really know how to tight the chain i looked up online and its that i suppose to lose the 4 bolts on the carrier on the top and loose the 2 on the back i so i loose the 4 on the top and on the back too but wen i go to tighten it on right side on the back bolts it loosens it up i need help please

·
Registered
32 Posts
What loosens up? Back out the 4 on the top of the rear part of thethe swingarm and adjust the chain with the 1 or 2 nuts on the back of swing arm. Then tighten the 4 in the toptop

·
Registered
433 Posts
What???? Spell check and grammar people!!!!
Too adjust the chain you loosen all four bolts on top, than loosen or tighten the bolt on the back, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you only came here for my feet I understand.

You're doing the adjustment right. I don't understand which order your putting it back together by.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Haha? your feet??

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Haha? your feet??
From his sprocket thread.......it's turned into a fetish for some.
As for grammer and spell check Basket Case you used too wrong. The way you used it should be to. Too is for too much, too far, too fast. To is for going to the store. If you are going to post spellcheck....etc. Sorry can't help myself.

To the OP..............buy a manual or do some searchin'. If you loosen the four top bolts the back two (the other to, too, two:p) bolts should tighten and loosen the chain. Torque them back to spec when you are done.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Searchin??? :)

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
you may need a new chain, if you cannot tighten the chain up. when you get a new chain spring for sprockets as well.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Good catch i knew i'd screw up somewhere in the post, i know the difference, ill even swallow my pride and not edit it :) now to the sprocket thread to read about tuckers fetish.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you only came here for my feet I understand.
I've been looking at my feet and mine aren't as purty as yours Tucker. My big toes look swollen and fat and has four hairs on each of them. And my feet are a size 9. And no it's not true what people say,"You know what they say about guys with small feet":eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol sorry for the grammar guys i was in a hurry so i wrote it quick.i quess ama have to buy a new chain am also thinking about changing the front sprocket what would be the best front sprocket for more top end?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Doesn't the brake caliper have to be removed before you adjust tension on the chain...?

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I've been looking at my feet and mine aren't as purty as yours Tucker. My big toes look swollen and fat and has four hairs on each of them. And my feet are a size 9. And no it's not true what people say,"You know what they say about guys with small feet":eek:
Yeah I know what they say. Small socks!

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts