Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How can I move indicator lights and the ignition key? I just need help with getting them out of the dash and moving them.

Thanks

Update/Edit: ALL DONE!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I just recently did this myself.. to get the indicator lights out, you need to pull the actual bulb out of the back of them first, and then from the back, push them out of the plastic dash.. they should come out with the little rubber piece connected to them.

as for the ignition, there is a plastic nut holding it in place around the top of the key switch (i know it doesn't look at all like a nut, it looks like a piece of the ignition switch, but trust me.. it is) you just gotta use something to twist that off and the key switch comes right out of the hole in the dash..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
you really gotta push and pry at those indicator lights.. they're a real pain in the ass to get out..

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just recently did this myself.. to get the indicator lights out, you need to pull the actual bulb out of the back of them first, and then from the back, push them out of the plastic dash.. they should come out with the little rubber piece connected to them.

as for the ignition, there is a plastic nut holding it in place around the top of the key switch (i know it doesn't look at all like a nut, it looks like a piece of the ignition switch, but trust me.. it is) you just gotta use something to twist that off and the key switch comes right out of the hole in the dash..
Ok thx, I also plan on hooking up ignition and lights to a toggle switch. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude I just don't know how to pop the bulbs out!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
no clue.. The only wiring I can really help you with is removing the blobs, other than that i'm just about useless at the electrical work lol

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I really had to pry at them from what i remember.. get a flat head screw driver, a little pick, something and pry from under the rubber on the front side of the dash (don't worry you won't hurt anything)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the lights out, but can't figure out how to get the key switch out. The plastic nut is tight!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the plastic nut up top around the key slit thing there.. yeah it's pretty tight. I used a damn vice grip to get it off hahaha i didn't care about how it came out looking because the key covers it up lol

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it! I put a srew driver in one of the notches and hammered the driver with a wrench lol.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I need help puting everything into the plastics. Like on top of the head lights if you know where I mean.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I know exactly what you mean.. You are obviously going to need to drill holes there. Use the stock dash as a tester to test out what size drill bit will drill a hole the same size as the holes in the factory dash..
I had originally wanted to do this same thing, but I can't now that I have the KFX nose piece on my quad :(

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just estimated and cut it out with a dremel, almost to tight but I will do. Got the temp light in though!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the reverse light in!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well got the neutral light in. I put the key where the reverse knob was and I never use reverse soo. Will load up a pic for you guys.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks atv4life95. I would have been sitting there all night (morning) thinking of how to do it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
how did you get the key to fit in the reverse hole? My reverse hole is too big for the key.. You know for like $15 you can get the Tusk Clutch Perch with hot start, and you can wire reverse to the hot start incase you ever do need it..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
no problem Grath.. I want to see a picture of your key in the reverse hole so I can see how you did it.. I was curious about doing this myself

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a pic of the job.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
how did you get the key to fit in the reverse hole? wasn't the hole for your reverse nob too big for the key switch?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts