Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the help of quadracer12 I was able to get it off ok. I didn't have to take off the fan though, just the two coolant hoses.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I only had to remove the coolant hoses also.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
do u really have to take that much off just to get the header off? :?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i didnt have to remove anything to get the stock header off but to get the aftermarket headpipe on i had to remove the hose.

·
Registered
320 Posts
no joke, i think thats about the only way it would come out without takin other stuff off
ac

·
Registered
81 Posts
hacksaw brotha!!! worked great for me.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So this means you have to drain the radiator, than fill it up again?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Zrider, it's not that dificult to remove the radiator and fan. I think it's about 6 - 8 bolts or so. It makes it much easier to remove and install a header pipe. Just clamp off the radiator hoses and you won't lose much coolant. It's much easier than it looks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I used a Hacksaw.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If you take off the piece that attaches the radiator hose to the engine block (the thermostat is located there)and unscrew the 3 bolts that attach the radiator to the frame you should be able to pull the radiator to the side (the right side) and keep it out of the way.

That's what I did to remove the stock header. I didn't lose much coolant either.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICTURE

·
Registered
584 Posts
Remove the 3 bolts that hold the radiator to the frame, this should give you enough room to move the radiator around and allow you to remove the stockpipe and to install the aftermarket pipe. No loss of Coolant, no mess, and is quicker than a Hacksaw.

I tried to remove the stock pipe without removing anything but I couldn't manage it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Remove the 3 bolts that hold the radiator to the frame, this should give you enough room to move the radiator around and allow you to remove the stockpipe[/b]
That won't work. Tried it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I removed only the thermostat hose and took off the fan and took out the radiator bolts and moved it until the pipe fit through.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts