Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I , for the life of me, cant figure out how to get the spark plug out . Do you have to take the seat off? Somebody help me , please. I can barely tell where the plug is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's towards the front of the motor on top. You'll see a wire that has a 90 deg elbow type fitting on it. Pull the wire and fitting out. It's about 4 inches long. The spark plug is down in the hole. Use the spark pluck socket that came with the quad. It is located under the seat in the tool bag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leroy. I thought that was the spark plug wire. It just looks like it will be a pain in the *## to get out. I will give it a shot today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Once you've got the socket seated onto the spark plug, then use the open end wrench in the tool bag to turn the socket. I just had to check my plug last night, and did it without taking anything off the quad. Although it did take me a while to find the plug. They did a good job of hiding it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have found that the socket they give u in the tool kit to take the plug out is the best to take it out with. I have tried a normal 5/8 inch socket but it doesn't work as well as that.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks guys. I was going to look at mine, but I thought it was a major job. Guess I should see what else is interesting in my tool kit :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
it takes just as much time to remove sides covers and tank, then there is no hassle to get to plug( real simple to have off 5min)

·
Registered
970 Posts
It used to be such a w00ter to change the plug in my scrambler 500. This one is too easy. Reach right in there and crank it out. I like this design soooo much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts