Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my filter, outerwear, and adapter from alba, and dynojet kit sitting in my garage waiting for a cool day to do it (its been awefully hot in NJ) and i figured since it was raining and the temp dropped about 20 degrees id get it done tonight. well i took EVERYTHING apart figuring id do it all at once. plastic off, gas tank off, airbox out carb only half out. everything was finished with the airbox, no problems. but then when i tried to get the first brASS screw out of the bottom of the carb i tried the nearest screw driver to me and it was just too small, only i couldnt tell cause of the bad lighting and i felt it give just a little. i went to the toolbox and got a bigger screw driver and took the next screw out no problem. i went back to the first screw and i guess the "give" i felt from the first time was enough to make it too weak to come out, the little brASShole :twisted: :twisted: .

dammit, then i put everhting back together so i wouldnt forget where everything went, now i have to go tomorrow to get new screws. i thought it was gonna be so easy, i read everyone elses posts about stripping the screws and i KNEW that i wasnt gonna. oh well...

i also got my carbon fiber warning labels put on, they look good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey aproy post some pics of the carbon fiber warning labels if you can. I saw them on the Raptor and liked the way it looked.

Sorry to hear about the brasshole screws, i'm dreading the day I have to take them out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im finished with this part.

i grinded the 2 heads off that were stripped, and they came out pretty easily with an ezout after that. i replaced them with 4 allen head bolts from the hardware with 3mm heads, nice and easy now.

i told myself that i would keep the airbox lid on with the snorkle, but i figured since id have to re-jet again later in the week when i get my slipon, and since i haveevery jet imaginable from dynojet id bump up the jet and take the lid off to see how it rode.

damn, its like another new machine really bumped up the power quite a bit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is there a noticible power difference with them mods on your z??

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, its like another new machine really bumped up the power quite a bit.[/b]

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i posted them somewhere else but here you go

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Nice, I can't wait to see you Z with all the carbon fiber components. After seeing the carbon fiber panels on the Z I think I like it the way I have it now, just plain yellow. To me it looks out of place.

I might cut some yellow plastic from under the seat and melt it into the holes and then make each hole flush with the plastic. I might try this. I would like to see a black gas tank cover and headlight cover though, those would look sweet!!!

Also where did you get them? Alba? How much if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a friend of mine made them, they were free that way
:

once all the rest of the carbon is on they will look better, i like it much better than the holes and indentations.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i see the carbon as more of a grey than black, maybe thats why i like it better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts