Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Since I here so many stories about the Starter clutch bolts backing out and taking the stator out with it I decided to check them. I installed a new starter clutch and bolts about a year ago and I Believe the new bolts came with Blue on them. They all were tight and but I removed them all anyway ( I left Flywheel on ATV and took the 6 bolts out I probably should have done them 1 at a time but I didn't ) I used plenty of blue and tightened them to 12 FT. My OEM Book did not have a spec or a loctite Recommendation. 11.8 and Blue was what I found while searching. After the Job I searched more and found Red is recommended more so then Blue and 8 FT seems to be a popular torques Spec. I have the cover off still waiting for a gasket SO I could pull them back out and use Red if you guys think I should and what torque? Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
i did couple of them few years ago , i used the blue one , couse the red whouldnt come off if needed.( engine rebuild etc..)
i dont remember the torque i did , but im pretty sure i followed the manual ,
so far with all the atv's i have done , no problem so far....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.