Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interesting in doing ice racing in the winter...Does anyone know where I can get info about it, and find places or organizations that do it...I want to find a place near by that does it...NH, VT, CT, RI, MA, NY...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would I basically just need ice tires with studs in them? Would I need anything else for my Z? I was thinking of getting 22in tires, or would 20 be better?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...I was planning on getting those...If I can find a place to do it, Then I need to get $200 from somewhere...LOL...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey Z400, I am thinking about ice racing my Z also, they have races in Sturbridge, I think its at the rod and gun club, I will try to get you more info.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i saw ice-racing quads once when i was younger, before i was into quads, it was pretty neat

it was somewhere in Memphis, TN, i'm not sure if they still do it there

also, i remeber the track being really short, so i would recommend 18's for quicker acceleration

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...I was thinking of 20"...but I guess I should get the 18"...It will be cheaper too...LOL...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Z400, did you go to the arenacross this weekend? They had info on the ice races there. Runs every Sunday in January and February at Hamilton Rod and Gun club, Info/weather hotline # is (413)267-4713. Same website you found.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, Thanks...Didnt get to go to arenacross...in the past years my dad never seemed to thrilled about going, so I just never asked this year...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today one of my buddys showed me the flyer...he said hes going to do that to this winter...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts