Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding today on a quad road charity run, and after that we were driving home about 6/7 miles away and we were all going full speed along roads and decided to head into some local woods.

In the woods we were doing some hillclimbs and just general messing and we were stopped just having a break and noticed all 4 lug nuts on my front left wheel were loose and ready to fall off, thank god I noticed it and was able to fix it otherwise the consequences could have been terrible! Just makes me so grateful that it didn't come off on the road doing 70 odd mph!

So everyone check your wheel lug nuts every time before you ride!:eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone else had similar experiences or had their wheel fall off?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
yep........at the sand dunes. Ruined a wheel but it never came off. Luckily I had my dirt tires with me on that trip (3 days in Glamis, then 3 days in Ocotillo) so I rode the last day in the dunes on the dirt tires.
Seen it happen on some others as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was scary how loose they were.. I will be investing in some loctite now! Just keep thinking I would be dead if that happened at 70mph like :O

·
Registered
259 Posts
i had it happen 1 time, i was changing my front wheel bearings and when i was done i took it off the blocks and down the road. when i put it back in the garage i was oh crap i forgot to tighten the lugs lol. no damage was done :)

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
yep........at the sand dunes. Ruined a wheel but it never came off. Luckily I had my dirt tires with me on that trip (3 days in Glamis, then 3 days in Ocotillo) so I rode the last day in the dunes on the dirt tires.
Seen it happen on some others as well.
When I found the loose lugs (on a back wheel) we were on our way back from a dune tour of a few hills.......all of which I raced up several times. I had three left when the guy behind me saw the wheel wobbling. The holes were all egged out. We tightened things up the best we could and rode on back to camp.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
happened to tucker to. he only had 2 left on his rear tire.. messed up that rim really good. thank god we were close to my buddys house and we just got the tight and we left.

·
Registered
140 Posts
havent had the lug nuts yet, but my friend has lost axle nuts twice this year, a bungee got him back to camp.

·
Registered
433 Posts
yup a few days ago can't believe i overlooked it on my daily bolt check wheel came off as i pulled up into a wheelie :mad: killed a hub but had two extras :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts