Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy the IMS soon for my Z. I've got FCR 40M carb on
now with the stock valve diaphram turned around to get constant flow
of gas. Only problem is this set up has no shut off. Wondering if anyone knows if valve is available that has On-Off & Res that will bolt up to the new IMS 4 gal tank?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
the new tank doesnt have it.... you will have to put it in somehow without damaging the tank if you want this...

·
Registered
529 Posts
SOLUTION

IF YOU TURN THE STOCK VALVE TO ON, THEN THE FLOW OF FUEL SHOULD STOP BECAUSE THERE IS A PUMP IN THE STOCK CARB AND DOES NOT WORK WITH THE FCR. TURN TO PRIME TO TURN THE VALVE ON 8)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: SOLUTION

IF YOU TURN THE STOCK VALVE TO ON, THEN THE FLOW OF FUEL SHOULD STOP BECAUSE THERE IS A PUMP IN THE STOCK CARB AND DOES NOT WORK WITH THE FCR.  TURN TO PRIME TO TURN THE VALVE ON 8)[/b]
Thanks for advice I should have been clearer. What I should've asked is does anyone know if there is aftermarket valve available yet? My concern is with having a Reserve available for trail rides. Been looking at Honda 250R valve thinking that might work. Just so dang cold out here have not had the chance to try it yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ims tank?? Wheres there site?? And how much, 4 gallons is quite a bit more than stock, alwayz better if theres more fuel on hand. Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMS reply

Alba sells tank for 250 bucks, have not found a better price yet. Has anyone got the info on a better deal?

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
A company called Pingel makes aftermarket petcocks, for about $75. I think you can get them at Dennis Kirk. A stock one from another bike, or quad should work as long as the bolt pattern where it bolts to the tank is the same. When I went with an FCR carb on my DRZ400s I used a petcock from a DRZ400e model.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DRZ 400 E model petcock

Does the E model valve have On Off & Res?
Temp here is cold! For this type riding I'm running 180mainjet, 45 pilot &
out 2.5 turns. Just got my hands on 50 & 55 pilots today. About to try those tomorrow. It's runs good but still has a small hesitation off the low end to mid, Any jet advice out there with this setup thats pulls Real Good!
Thanks for all the input everyone!!!!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
rockymountainatv.com sells them for 199 bucks. website not updated, have to call to special order, only takes like two weeks....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts