Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my girlfriend called the PRM guy about our skid. He then proceeded to check out four or five of the skids that are there on the Z they have. Guess they just have one sitting around. Anyhow, he said that it was a "tight" fit, but all of theirs went. He told us to put in the bottom two bolts, then use a phillips head screw driver in the top hole and pry it up to get the middle holes. Well, we got the one on the right, but when we started the other one IT CROSSED THE THREADS. AND, even if I could have gotten that hole, the top wouldn't have made it. I am so pissed. I now have to go and buy a tool to fix it, send this piece of sh!t back, and hope the one they send back is better than this. I mean c'mon, if there's a Z in the factory for them to size it up to, the holes should be perfect, LIKE THOSE ON MY PRO ARMOR SKID. They should not be oval, there should be round holes, that properly line up, without prying, grinding, or whatever. Tight fit my a$$. We will keep you posted when we recieve the new one, but we can't even send this one back till monday as he won't be back at PRM until then to give us instructions on doing so. My pro armor went on so easy, this just pisses me off somethin fierce. We'll keep ya posted when we get the new one.
peace

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry to hear that VooDuu, I hate when aftermarket stuff doesn't fit right.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had problems with lineing up the holes too...i had to use the orignal bolts to remake the treads in the holes...prm told me that the first skids plates werent lined up right, so in later skid plates from them, they should be fine...From an email from PRM:
Our first run had the center holes off.[/b]

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine did not line up either. I reamed out the 2 holes in the skid that did not line up. I would suggest that anyone else trying to install - stand the quad up to install so you can verify the position - making the offending holes in the skid slightly larger for the ones that don't line up will not affect function.

mine has taken hard hits - the weakest parts are the sides under the chain and disk - I bent mine already but it saved the rotor - if I didn't have the skid on, my day would have been over.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like both designs, pro armor for the ease of installation, and the prm for the added gound clearance. Both are very stout pieces with real thick metal and nice clean welds. It all depends I guess on the type of riding you do and the clearance you will want to have under the rear. I did however hear on one post that that "canal" of clearance on the prm down the center of the skid got one guy into a bit of trouble. He happened to go over a rock that lodged itself in there and stopped the quad in it's tracks taking both men to pry it off. No damage done though, so it did it's job. Both are nice, I like my pro armor even if there's a bit of clearance lost due to it's design. If something does happen to hit in the center, there's no way it's gonna bend anyhow, there is a structural beam that runs the lenghth of it and I'm putting on 22's some day also which will get me another inch in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts